Scratch Post

16 November 2005

[Self] Food Adventures In BKK

Quick recap of some food incidences I've encountered over my stay in BKK

- Had grasshopper & cricket - not that bad actually; but the beetle I had stunk (the abdomen was chunky and slighty juicy) it was so overwhelming I had to lean on a cart nearby to gain some composure
- Chili, and lots more chili !! One thing great about Thailand is the chili culture. Heck their Tesco has a small section dedicated to chili .... :D
- Had roasted corn - totally tasteless wonder what was the whole thing about
- Thought I ordered some pork dish but it turned out to be horse meat
- Pointed to some soup but ended up getting chicken rice instead
- Wo Ba Chong Nonsi - this place serves soup so spicy it makes me tear in appreciation
- Had some Dim Sum where you dip the dumplings and dim sum stuff into vinegar, not that thick dark sauce and chili I am accustomed to
- Make the cooks at this stall laugh everytime I try to order rice in Thai - well at least I know I brighten some peoples' day

0 Comments:



<< Home