Scratch Post

12 February 2006

[Whoa!] Chap Goh Meh 2006

A friend told me about some orange throwing event in Taman Jaya.

Pic: Earlier on around 7-ish
Being the culturally detached Chinapek that I was, I thought it would be an interesting experience to hang around and see what transpired on the typical "Pau Kam" day.
Pic: Rakan Muda and some folks organized it I think. A rather cute logo I have to say. Though I was not there to Pau Kam :)

Was there prob for an hour. Stalls were set up selling Kam for RM2 a piece; RM3 for writing a note and attaching it as a sail to a small boat; some dancers looking bored; and lots & lots of families trickling into Taman Jaya park.

There was a section featuring a short Lion Dance every 15 mins; and another section with this green zone with lots of "谜语" (puzzles) not sure what was that really about.


Pic: But couldn't find a trace of Heineken anywhere :D

Pic: Two "Soh Chai"s side by side. The one of the LHS prob has an IQ score twice higher than the one on the RHS

Took pics here and there overall badly taken due to night shots (should've gotten the darn Nikon D50) but nothing happened. Event stalled probably due to some late officials I guess. Left didn't want to wait any longer but overall kindof interesting way to spend the evening.

2 Comments:

  • Just to share with you my 'dim kam' experience.
    You have to write your name and phone no. (preferrably mobile phone) on the 'kam'.
    Before throwing the kam into the sea or river, you have to say sth like this - Ti Gong, tolong bo yao wa kin kin chui teok zhi leh gf or bf. Gam Siah!

    By Blogger Chloe, at 6:57 PM  

  • :D .... I am too pai seh or in denial to face the fact I probably need to get a lorry to polute an entire river with Kam ... gimme time maybe next year I will finally face reality ... Gam Siah Ti Gong !!

    By Blogger keensoon, at 3:38 AM  



<< Home