Scratch Post

05 April 2006

[Self] Japan Day 4-5

Day 4: By the end of Day 4, I could not believe I had spent 1 full day at Akihabara itself! Akihabara is my kindof place - electronics, manga, anime, geeko stuff, CDs, movies, a maid cafe or two (took a peek maybe when I get back to Tokyo will go to one) and seriously cool games with new methods of playing (like RPG, Magic Cards, and multi-player capability all meshed into one). So what can I say but I walked till my legs ached, rested, walked & ached some more, and continued to walk and ache. Well worth the full day!

Day 5: Early on had hit the Edo Museum at 0930hrs, and then took a long stroll at the Imperial Palace. Excellent weather the entire day - some sunshine and slightly chilly breeze. Highlight of the day - took of my jacket, spread it like a mat, and actually took a nap in one of the gardens in the Imperial Palace. One of the best naps ever :D

Woke up around 3pm, and tried to make it in time for the Meiji Shrine. Got lost in Yoyogi Park instead but it was a really huge and beautiful place. Then tried to make it to the Japanese Sword Museum but when I finally found them they had closed. Walking around the out of the map neighbourhood in Yoyogi-Shinjuku area, I conned myself into an expensive sushi teabreak (ask me in person); and had a pretty interesting experience at an Onsen (probably another story in person too).

0 Comments:



<< Home