Scratch Post

24 December 2007

[wtH] Vegan Confessions

For those who may not know yet - I made this pseudo-religious attempt to become a full time vegan. Here are some horrid confessions:

- I relapse on average once a week. Yes I am weak!

- The greatest temptation I faced ever was during Lai's wedding (my cousin) whereby there was a huge stack of "siew yoke" looking sublime. I slurped back all the drool that was dripping out before a small stream of saliva flowed out of the door, took a deep breath, and took huge strides out of the main door.... Only to find one seduce-a-rama of a roasted swine right at the entrance!! Happy to say, I remained steadfast, righteous, holy, and celibate that day.

- When I ignore (pseudo) religious guidelines, and do sink my teeth into flesh, I relish the tenderness ~ the soft slightest hint of resistance, that eventually succumbs to my powerful jaws ... a slight tug as the meat tears up obediently, and the master revels in the sweet the juiciness of sinful meat*.

- The lines between "tofu" and "them corn bred, outback raised, proudly BBQ'ed prime ribs" are slowly blurring away.

- Having watched "Resident Evil 3" and "I am Legend" recently, and having whimpfully stayed true as a vegan in 2 Japanese restaurants in 2 days a row - something was just building inside me but I couldn't put my finger to it..... UNTIL I was passing by this place selling cheap salmon skin & salmon bones. And I nearly errupted into this frenzy borne of a deep carnal bloodlust to rip out the salmon pieces and devour them on the spot. Zombies .... I emphatize, I do understand how you feel ;)

* I still am referring to actual meat. No symbolism applied.

0 Comments:



<< Home