Scratch Post

22 June 2010

[Work] 25% QoS "IF" Lucky

Hot, sweaty, and tired. Cutover is not going as well as planned. Crapball this is. And am just sitting at customer site doing 'marketing' and providing moral support. There is a degree of eunuch-ism here which is getting to me.... *&^%$#@! .. the real work is happenin offsite 20km away from where I am. Long story but ain't gonna be told here today.

Back to guys doing offsite marketing purely for customer relations .... On my left is a dude who is monitoring the network realtime, and ELS dude who is cool is sitting opposite me involved in some troubleshooting. Crazy PLM folks suka-suka release Emergency Patches that seem to create more freaking emergencies than solve them!!! If I am lucky, we get to rollout 50% of the planned QoS features. Which is actually 25% of the features from a 2x2 architecture perspective.

Have the Windows Media Player set on low volume, was listening a while back to Foo Fighters' "Walking After You" which I remember hearing in 1998 (I think) which was featured in an MTV that came along some taped episodes of South Park from USA in VHS (yeah VHS) format - it was still not known in Msia yet but only geeks like me and Kth knew about it.

Now I have Franz Ferdinand on, the guy who was assassinated leading to the breakout of WW1. Find me a matinee indeed!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home