Scratch Post

28 November 2005

[WhatNext] Weekend Spent

Recent spate of events I got myself into over the weekend:

A) Roamed Chinatown @Sat
Once again another foreign land Chinatown puts Msia's Chee Cheong Kai to shame. Lots of stuff there ranging from useless gadgets, what looks like used/stolen car radios, all kinds of spare parts, food, movies etc.

Note: Char Koey Teow is still not Char Koey Teow in Bangkok even if cooked by Chinese :P

B) 85% Through This Book On Patton and Rommel @Sat, Sun & The Week Before
A rather neat historical account of the 2 great generals from their experiences from WWI, what they did in between; developments within the Axis and Allies; and of course the roles these generals played and problems they faced during WWII. Hope to finish it tonight about 20 pages left.


C) Movie Marathon @Sat
Watch Harry Potter and then Domino over a late morning and afternoon. 2 in a row. If there was a better movie or two it might have been 3 or 4 in a row I was that "sian".

D) Warcraft III @Sat, Sun
Mindlessly clicking away while wishing for a console instead.

E) Cooking @Sun
Pretty good dishes I have to say served up by the novice.
- Chicken breast nicely pan fried after being marinated in sauce, and some herbs overnight. Nicely crispy on the outside but quite juicy inside
- Potato chips chunky and with skin, bought some malt vinegar to go with it
- Steamed brocolli and carrots with a slice of butter

And that's how life goes by on a more relaxed weekend in Bangkok but its a pretty stagnant feeling nevertheless.

1 Comments:

  • I am baliking Thurs - not sure when the heck I am going up again but end of Dec is a good bet.

    Will call u when I am back - should be in town much longer these days.

    Bugger - your life if pretty cool with all that pretentiousness and intellectua at least :)

    It's so weird Susan Dey (got it right?), Jimmy Smits and co from LA LAW inspired me so much to do law and I bloody hell actually enjoyed the time I had reading law.

    But what the heck happened in between? It's my 6th year in IT, and I am some PM doing banking systems pulak? o_0

    By Blogger keensoon, at 8:12 PM  



<< Home