Scratch Post

02 February 2007

[Work] Another SFE

Real life story - just happened about 15 mins ago ... So I'm pacing up and down 2 restaurants just opposite where I work (it's my 5-min lunch routine). Both are mixed rice places, and nothing is appetizing (surprise surprise).

Eventually I force myself to the one selling more dishes. Still nothing is appetizing. Something does catch my eye, so:
I ask the hawker, "Is that chicken or fish"?
He answers, "Pork". (It really did not look like pork in any way so it never did cross my mind)

Another SFE for the archives!

To be fair, hawkers here are genuinely courteous and a nice bunch. But that still doesn't obscure the reality of how food is made here. The "Zha Zhiang Ban Mee" SFE is the best of reference cases.

Note: SFE = Singapore Food Episode.

4 Comments:

  • just drop the singapore shit and come to tokyo to enjoy JSS (japanese food satisfaction) hehe

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:28 PM  

  • That shop you patronised closed down liao..hahaha
    Go to the one nearer to the bus interchange toilet.. food is better

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:37 PM  

  • Maruboru dude - tot you r supposed to get watashi a high-wage-shake-leg-no-work job in Nihon?

    I totally miss the cheap sake, superb sushi and isakaya places man. And those umei sodas too - cannot find anywhere else dammit.

    And sigh there's no where else in the world you can perform the 'black-n-white' surveys.

    By Blogger keensoon, at 6:47 PM  

  • well said... i love it so much, i won't be going back for cny :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:52 PM  



<< Home