Scratch Post

08 June 2007

[Self] T + 30Y

After a week, I've still not had time to breathe and somewhat reflect the past 1 week since hitting "Three-O".

The world didn't crumble and burn, and it was strangely a non-event. Plus many thx to some folks who texted / IM-ed me.

How the week was spent:
- Sat: Afternoon taking one of those "chaos" bus trips and ended up in Yishun. In Singapore that's about as lost as you can get I guess. Munched on a Carl's Jr burger first time ever not bad.
- Sun: Sat in an arcade and actually spent money in a sad attempt to relive my youth. Finally played that ROT3 Kingdom by Sega. A few kids taught me how to play it so I ended up slotting SGD 3 games per pop as they swivereled by cards around while I sat there starring and asking questions (I'm still confused these grey cells don't get it anymore). But hell I got a "Guan Yu" card which was kickass.
- Sun: Was used to teman K-Leong to watch Shrek 3. I slept somewhere halfway it was really painful to watch.
- Mon: dinner with Fats (see earlier posting)
- Mon - Fri: Work > Work > Work, getting burnt out.
- Wed: I somehow found a food court in SG that served decent Ban Mee. Yes you heard me right. This is the first Ban Mee I will rate as better than edible!
- Thurs: First full court BBall game since the leg fracture. Lost the game we got trashed 20-8 but it was good.

But all this routine trappings aside, as much I'd like to rationalize away that 30 is just a number, it is still a checkpoint. And sadly there's not been much acccomplished.

And on Thurs as I sadly relied on external stimuli (a small pot of pao sum / ginseng) to get some stuff done, the energy has diminished and faltered. Personal excuses and dismissals of things in the head are getting more abundant, I gotta snap out of this rot.

0 Comments:



<< Home