Scratch Post

09 October 2005

[Work] Agitating For Unlock

I know its a bit undeserving for me to bitch about being restless while my DCMS, CC and ECSYS teams do the real work at this point in the project life cycle. Can't code but I try to do my part as much as I can.

On the client side - trying to make sure they don't step all over us; being a tough asshole when required; being nice when required too; lots of negotiations; impromptu meetings; providing assurances; some documentation here and there. Running around locations and different floors.

On the onsite team side - buying junk food, accompanying them over the long nights; feeling guilty by leaving first but making it up by being in the office earlier than them; talking nonsense (its a function of the J.D.); and trying to set some direction admist this chaos. I've bought them some dinners out of my own pocket out of personal appreciation, and have even sunk to the level of giving a quick shoulder massage some weeks back.

On the offside team side - don't really do much for them due to the distance and that the TLs do more of the commnication with them; I always feel bad for not being able to do more; try to keep them in the loop of certain events; try to know what is going on there too.

Yup - that's what this 3rd Monkey does.

Anyway, for DCMS & CC systems - the night of 06 Oct 2005 (Thursday) was a bloody letdown. We were so psyched and ready to launch as targeted and then the gremlins popped up and multiplied - damn things really choked the system. Never was the term "DB Deadlock" more appropriate.

Yearning for a solution that will perform the "unlock". But trying to give the team space to do their work and not be too much of a distraction. Can't help but ask about status once in a while. Hope at least this minor interference is the most damage I do for now.

0 Comments:



<< Home