Scratch Post

10 December 2005

[WhatNext] Futton Experiences

Bought 2 sets of Futton (a foldable Japanese sofa) from Ikea last Friday, and I only managed to fix it up fully 1 week later.

The thing was a PITA from the start. A chronological sequence of headaches after headaches:
- Each set consisted of 64 plastic nails; one set had only 63 - so I had to get 1 bloody screw from Ikea by driving there all the way again.
- Did I say plastic nails? Yeap they were plastic. The damn things "lari" when I hammered them in.
- Finally decided to use a metal screw / nail to replace the damn plastic, problem is I went to a few hardware shops from PJ to Segambut over 2 days but only found what I was looking for only in Setapak on Day 3. Wasted some money buying the wrong replacements before arriving in Setapak too.
- Now, if that ended there it would still be dandy. But I needed about 80 nails and they shop did not have stock.
- And I ended up getting them eventually over 2 more trips to Setapak (thanks Zeek).
- Finished Futton #1 on Tues midnight.
- Finished Futton #2 on Fri night 2130hrs.

So all in all (drum roll)
- I went back to Ikea the 2nd time to get a screw

- Ikea stuff is not that easy to assemble ... heck sometimes its a totally "futton" attempt
- But the overall experience has been .... SOFA ... so good

0 Comments:



<< Home