Scratch Post

15 June 2008

[Self] RIP - Tim Russert

I first came across Tim Russert back when I started working & finally had some money to subscribe to satelite TV. Being a political junkie, I was blown away by his toughness in grilling guests on Meet The Press.

And over the years, I became a loyal viewer. There was a lot of cool stuff - baiting, catch & reeling. As much as his guests would like to evade the question, he usually caught them with the cold hard facts.

Last week, I got the podcast (video version) where he hosted a long moderation session with his "Dream Political Team". And just now I was flipping around and thinking of what would come on MTP later as I suddenly saw a snippet on CNBC that said - Tim Russert (1950-2008).

Checked that online, and found out Tim Russert had passed away. It will be really hard finding someone who can grill politicos the way he does. The closest to that was the old chap from BBC's Hardtalk who seemed to have passed the baton so its kindof tame now.

Anyway, RIP Tim Russert.

0 Comments:



<< Home