Scratch Post

21 January 2009

[Self] Calligraphy 17Jan09



























Another small calligraphy display in Cempaka Buddhist Lodge. I was there on Saturday afternoon just taking a look wasn't that impressive. And as I was just leaving an old man (organizer I think) asked me to stay for the opening ceremony.

I didn't want to but he asked me to help him make up the numbers. OK, so a small favor for an old man in a temple then .... And then PJ Utara MP Tony Pua dropped by for a short officiation. I cringed thinking there goes 1 hour (have been stuck some ceremonies like this before and goodness dammit those politicians go on and on about everything except real issues).














































But nope. The man gave a short one mainly to thank the artists and committee for organizing the event and talked about his appreciation for art ... in 5 minutes!! All in all, everything was done in less than 15 mins (inclusive short speeches by 2 older foggies and the ribbon cutting).

The man didn't even talk politics at all ... which seemed too good to be true, and too uncharacteristic of politicians. Could Tony Pua be employing a double to get these minor officiating work off his back? ;)












0 Comments:



<< Home