Scratch Post

08 May 2006

[Self] Post Dinner Geek Activity

Had dinner with my parents - it's just a BLOM thing at this point in life I guess. After that was browsing around the magazine shop and recalled a nice piece of advice a good friend once gave me - just randomly buy a magazine that you typically wouldn't buy.

So I guess that's why I'm gonna be flipping thru "Military Heritage Presents - WWII History" for July 2006, with some cover titles:
- "Patton's Defeat at Fort Driant"
- "Battle of the Burmese Frontier"
- "Eyewitness on Bloody Tarawa"
- "Bombing The Reich"

And coincidently, I am listening to an audiobook called "The Conquerors" which is a refreshing departure from WWII war stories. It focuses on how Roosevelt & Truman played a hand in altering German society with a couple of things in mind - to counter Soviet Union's influence, and to ensure that Germany would not become a warmonging nation again (just like how it rose in the 1930s after 1918).

Geek time!! ;)

1 Comments:

  • hole-y shit !!!! =P lolx

    -li-

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home