Scratch Post

02 March 2008

[Msia] Of Condoms, Dildos and Msian Politicians

I hoped onto SBS #10 yesterday, and on the mobile TV there was some Msian news.

Election fever time even Channel 5 was carrying more Msian news then usual - Badawi was talking about some corridor (we've got so many of them lately but I am very dissapointed nowbody came out with any goofy government song yet - very unbecoming of our bureaucrats @ bawah tempurungs indeed!)

And then the next news flash came in and I saw some politicians enthusiastically waving .... a bunch of red condoms. I sat up straight with a bemused look thinking - "WTH? What kindof weird ass cheap retail campaigning is this?"

But nope, I was wrong - it wasn't a cheap tactic, nor was it somehow that Msian society enlightened overnight during my short stay in SG & embraced the need to promote reproductive education. It was just a terrible terrible design flaw gone awry - it was actually the DAP politicians waving some rocket toy / action figure.

Here - I managed to find this online somewhere:


Come to think of it, upon second thought - it actually looks like a red dildo....

0 Comments:



<< Home