Scratch Post

04 March 2009

[Self] Saudi Notes 1

Enjoy them brands I found and bought!

Finally!! I have more permanent way to get Internet access, so here's a quick and dirty dump of some Saudi brands I managed to find.

Yeap, I know it ain't cool coz there's nothing about the society and weird pics of me doing weird stuff, but I've found myself in a place where taking pictures of a coffee stand is illegal, and it is mystical in the strangest conservative way ....

So rather than get myself onto Chop Chop Square less than 2 weeks being here, gotta be safe .... for now ;)


Pic: Pepper and spices ... origins of trade routes and wars.















Pic: Tea, pretty much also tied to Brits and colonialism.
Note: Now that I look back I realize I got spices and tea in my first trip to Carrefour, gosh how the ppl from ancient civilization must have yearned for it.














Pic: Aquafina Water (Pepsi Brand). Needed a lot of that when I first came over. Could not get use to the climate.


















Pic: Yes, I have to get over my manly high horse, and admit that I have to use face cream and lotion. Coming from a humid place, you don't know what is a "DRY" climate until you've breathed the air and felt you skin slowly crackle dry. Unlike previous visits to dry places, I am not dropping in for a bit but rather staying for several weeks/months. Come to think of it, maybe I need some extra moisturizer and some facial scrub thinggy too. Would a night mask make sense? :D

Pic: 2 of 3 mobile operators here. My client is STC while the others are Mobily and Zain.










Pic: Mee Goreng!! :) And the nice kind, not the crap from home which is getting worse and worse with its smaller dimensions and pathetic douses of bumbu and chilli :(













Pic: Plenty of ermm ... virgins here .... BAD JOKE I cannot help it :P













4 Comments:

  • Nice Pics there!! Do enjoy your stays there. :))

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:52 AM  

  • wei be la a little bit more creative! hidden camera, duh!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:12 PM  

  • Hey hey... how long will you be posted there?

    No PORK! How can!

    By Blogger Wandernut, at 7:10 PM  

  • Maybe 6 months and more ...

    Plus being here gives me a chance to walk on the holy path ... no babes, no zhu rou, no alcohol (not that I take it anymore anyways), no fun, no life ... and the scorching sun serves that additional dose of strict discipline that's good for the purification of the soul ...

    By Blogger keensoon, at 2:17 AM  



<< Home